That being said, this is the way we clean our small but mighty fun playground:
- We use a disinfectant mix, that kills harmful bacteria and germs and viruses, specifically the coronavirus. We use this to:
- Wipe every touched surface everytime someone uses it- door handle, gate latch, tablet, bathroom door handle, light switch, baby changer, flusher, tap handles, trash flap etc.
- Wipe eating area elements like tables, chairs, baby seats, countertops, coffee machines and microwave.
- Wipe the all parts of the structures: we try to do this during play in an non-intrusive way, but we deep clean it every afternoon. Between private plays, we clean the most used/played parts and spot clean the rest before we use the sanitizing spray.
- Wipe all blocks- several times throughout the day- and sand room elements.
- We use the Electrostatic Sprayer with Purtab sanitizer to sanitize the entire premise. This sanitizer starts killing all the surfaces it reaches at 30 seconds being wet and all bacterias are killed within 4 minutes, including the coronavirus bacteria. It is one of the safest, most effective sanitizers for killing viruses.
- We have several vacuums for cleaning. We have one for spot cleans- held behind the counter. We have a cordless one that has a handheld option for all structures and squishy mats. that vacuum is not used anywhere else. We have one for bathrooms. We have one big one for the rest of the playground. We have 3 for the sand room. These we use everyday.
- We use a hot mop to mop, the lobby and the eating areas. We use this one 2 times weekly because use a Swiffer mop every evening.
- We use a multipurpose scrubbing tool to scrub the padded areas.
- We use a carpet washer to wash the carpets in the play area and party rooms.
- Our balls in the ballpit is emptied into laundry bags and washed in 2 containers, one with sanitized solution and one with water. they are then hung to dry. We have 2 back up supplies of balls. In between the sessions and at the end of every day though, we use the electrostatic sprayer and soak the balls in the pit, mixing and layering and spreading so that all the layers of the balls have the opportunity to get spray-sanitized.
- These are the tools we use to clean and maintain cleanliness. The half hour in between plays would include the sanitized wiping and spraying and spot vacuuming. The sprayed areas need at least 20 mins to dry.
We hope that this knowledge of our tools and routines help you to feel safe when you come in to play.
If you see anything we can improve on, please email us at email@example.com
Our Sandtastik Sand Features are certified: Safe for kids sandbox. Soft texture, clean white color, Compacts & molds when wet, Naturally occurring sparkle, Minimal fine particle content (dust). We do control the dust with our bubble machine and we wet the sand, when necessary.
Our Sandtastik Sand Contains: No silica, no quartz, no asbestos – all types, no wheat or gluten no nuts or seeds – all types.
Made from: Feldspar rock.